Xiaomi is set to launch its Xiaomi Pad 5 in India, as part of its April 27 Spring launch event. To recall, Xiaomi India had teased the launch of a tablet before April fool’s day, which confused many. Now the company has confirmed its plan to launch a tablet in India after seven years.
- The Indian variant of the Xiaomi Pad 5 is likely to have most of the same specifications as the global variant.
- Xiaomi Pad 5 runs on Android 11 with MIUI 12.5 for Pad and features a 11-inch WQHD+ (1,600×2,560 pixel) TrueTone display with 120Hz refresh rate and 16:10 aspect ratio.
- The display comes with Dolby Vision and HDR10 support. Further, the tablet offers support for Face Unlock and has the split-screen feature for multitasking.
- Xiaomi Pad 5 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 860 SoC, along with 6GB of LPDDR4X RAM as standard.
- For optics, it has a single 13-megapixel camera sensor at the back, along with an LED flash.
- For selfies, Xiaomi has packed an 8-megapixel selfie camera at the front with 1080p recording. The Xiaomi Pad 5 offers up to 256GB of UFS 3.1 onboard storage as well.
- Connectivity options on Xiaomi Pad 5 include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v5, and a USB Type-C port.
- The tablet is backed by an 8,720mAh battery that supports 33W fast charging. It packs four speakers with support for Dolby Atmos.