Smartphone manufacturers are constantly trying to up the innovation and offer better features as the years go by in this price segment. While some of these smartphones were premium flagship level devices, others were launched to target budget buyers. In addition to this, tech companies also launched mid-segment smartphones for users who wanted the best of both worlds. So, here is a list of top mobile phones under ₹15,000 launched in India this year:
- The Poco M3 Pro was launched in India in June this year. It comes with a 6.5-inch FHD+ punch-hole display with a 90Hz refresh rate. It is powered by the MediaTek Dimensity 700 SoC that is paired with up to 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. It sports a 48MP+2MP+2MP rear camera setup and an 8MP selfie camera. The Poco M3 Pro 5G is fueled by a 5,000mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging. Price is ₹13,999.
- The Nokia 5.4 sports a 6.39-inch punch-hole display. It is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 processor that is coupled with up to 6GB of RAM and 64GB of storage space. It has a quad-rear camera setup consisting of a 48MP+2MP+5MP+2MP rear camera setup and a 16MP selfie camera. It is backed by a 4,000mAh battery. Price is ₹13,999.
- The Realme Narzo 30 is a newly-launched mid-range smartphone that came out alongside its 5G variant, the Realme Narzo 30 5G. The phone is priced starting at Rs 12,499 for the base 4GB+64GB storage variant and Rs 14,499 for the 6GB+128GB storage variant. It is powered by the MediaTek Helio G95 SoC with an octa-core CPU and the Mali G76 GPU.
- The Redmi Note 10 is a budget smartphone. The phone is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 678 chipset, a mildly-upgraded version of the Snapdragon 675 SoC. It brings other lucrative features in the sub 15K price segment such as a Super AMOLED display, a 48MP primary lens, a large 5,000mAh battery, and an elegant design. The screen’s resolution is Full HD+ and it is 6.43-inches in size. Alongside the Snapdragon 678 SoC, you have 4GB or 6GB LPDDR4x RAM and 128GB UFS2.2 internal storage. The processor coupled with the RAM keeps the phone functioning well in day-to-day activities.
- The Moto G40 Fusion launched in April this year and is priced starting at Rs 13,999 for the 4GB+64GB variant and Rs 15,999 for the 6GB+128GB variant. The phone is available in two colours users can choose from – Dynamic Gray and Frosted Champagne. The phone features a large 6.78-inch Full HD+ display with support for 120Hz refresh rate, which is a fantastic feature to have at this price. You get a 6,000mAh battery that supports 20W fast charging out of the box. As for the cameras, the Moto G40 Fusion features a 64MP primary lens followed by an 8MP ultrawide camera and a 2MP depth sensor.
- The Realme 8 5G was the very first smartphone launched in India to be powered by the new MediaTek Dimensity 700 SoC based on the 7nm production process. The product was released on April 22, 2021 and is priced at Rs 14,999 for the base variant. It is a 5G-ready smartphone and is the updated version of the 4G Realme 8. The phone is available in three storage + RAM variants including a 4GB + 64GB variant, a 4GB + 128GB variant and finally, an 8GB + 128GB variant.
- The Moto G30 comes with a 6.5-inch Max Vision display. It runs on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 SoC coupled with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of built-in storage. It features a 64MP+8MP+2MP+2MP rear camera setup and a 13MP selfie camera. It runs on a 5,000mAh battery with 20W TurboPower charger. Price is ₹10,999.