Samsung has sent out event invitations on August 11 which is slated to be the launch of the Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Galaxy Z Flip 3. It is a virtual event.
New Wine In Old Bottle
- The Z Flip 3 looks and works like a foldable phone from 10-years ago. But instead of a number pad for text input, there’s a full-size touchscreen on the bottom of the phone when it’s opened.
- The Galaxy Z Fold 3 looks like a standard smartphone when it’s closed and you’re using its front screen, but then you open it like a book, and it looks and works more like a tablet.
- The important part of the Z Flip 3 and Z Fold 3 announcement is that the devices should be more affordable than previous models.
- Both the Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Galaxy Z Flip 3 are foldable smartphones with different price points and target audiences.
- There are reports that claim that both devices should cost slightly less than their predecessors, though foldable smartphones are far from achieving mainstream status.
- In addition to the Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Galaxy Z Flip 3, the Galaxy Watch 4 will also make its debut.
- This will be the first smartwatch to run Wear, the new operating system from Google and Samsung.
The FE edition of Galaxy S phones usually cuts a few corners when it comes to materials and internal components to bring the price down, while still providing some of the higher-end features users have come to expect from Samsung’s flagship phones.