The SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive Luxe comes in, which features a USB Type-C port on one end, and a Lightning port on the other end.
The iXpand Flash Drive Luxe features a compact swivel design, allowing users to switch between the two ports, that is, either the USB Type-C port or the Lightning port. Protecting the drive is an all metal enclosure in charcoal grey colour, that feels solid and will definitely do a good job of protecting the drive in case of accidental drops. SanDisk also provides a plastic cover that can cover the ports to protect them. In the iXpand Drive app, you are greeted with a dashboard that shows an overview of the available storage, along with four main options – Copy Files, View Files, Backup and Restore and the “Do More Store”. The first two options are fairly straight forward. Copy files let you copy files from the iPad or from the drive itself, view files lets you view the files on the iPad or on the Drive. Another feature offered by the app is the SanDisk SecureAccess Vault, which is a password-protected folder where users can store their files securely.
- To use the drive on iOS or iPadOS, you need to use the iXpand Drive app, which enables features such as automatic backup and the secure vault.
- On Windows, you can install the SanDisk Secure app to get the same functionality. Unfortunately, on Android, you cannot access these features, instead you are limited to simple file transfers.
- The app also offers the ability to pause a backup and continue later if you need to unplug the drive for whatever reason.
- The last option, “Do More Store”, is a mini app store where users can browse and download apps that compliment the iXpand Drive app.
- You will be required to create a password for the folder, and you can also use your iPhone’s or iPad’s biometric authentication as an alternative.