OnePlus has a new launch event for its fans and customers in India on April 28. The company will be hosting a virtual event for the launch of the OnePlus 10R.
- OnePlus is testing two chipset variants of the OnePlus 10. One of the two prototypes features a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1+ SoC, whereas the other prototype features a MediaTek Dimensity 9000 SoC.
- It is currently unclear which chipset will be a part of the final version.
- The vanilla model will come with 8GB/ 12GB of RAM along with 128GB/ 256GB of internal storage.
- It will run Android 12 out of the box and have a layer of Oxygen OS 12 on top.
- The OnePlus 10 camera will be tuned in collaboration with Hasselblad. The report states that the device will feature a triple-camera setup on the back.
- It will come with a 50MP main camera, a 16MP ultrawide camera and a 2MP macro camera.
- In comparison, the OnePlus 9 has a 48MP main camera, a 50MP ultrawide camera and a 2MP monochrome sensor. For selfies, there will be a 32MP front camera sensor.
- In terms of charging, the vanilla OnePlus 10 will come with support for 150W fast charging out of the box. It will pack a 4800 mAh battery.
- While the battery capacity is slightly smaller, the fast charging speed is faster than the 10 Pro.
- On the front, the phone will come with a 6.7-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display.
- The display will use an LTPO 2.0 technology for dynamic refresh rate switching up to 150Hz. The report also states that the alert slider will go missing from the vanilla model.
- If true, the OnePlus 10 will be the second smartphone after the OnePlus Ace, aka the OnePlus 10R, to launch without an alert slider.