Lenovo has introduced a bunch of new products, including the second-gen ThinkPad X1 Fold, the Glass T1, the IdeaPad 5i Chromebook, and more. Here’s a look at the details.
- It is touted as the world’s lightest 16-inch commercial laptop device.
- The laptop features a 16.3-inch OLED foldable display (22% larger than the previous model) with a 4:3 aspect ratio, 600 nits of peak brightness, HDR, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, and more.
- There’s also support for an optional magnetic-attach pen.
- When folded, it results in about two 12-inch displays for a more portable and compact design.
- With this, multiple modes can come into play with the help of the Mode Switcher UI, namely, Classic clamshell, or laptop mode, Landscape mode, Portrait mode, Book mode, and the Tablet mode.
- Lenovo’s foldable laptop comes with a bell-shaped system hinge, enabling the OLED screen to fold flat in both unfolded and folded situations.
- There’s a new display UI, which folds the non-active area, making the laptop and the bezels thinner. It also has patent-pending folding graphite sheets for better heat dissipation.
- As for the hardware, the ThinkPad X1 Fold 2022 comes with up to 12th Gen Intel Core i7 chip, up to 32GB LPDDR5 of RAM, up to 1TB PCIe SSD storage, and Intel Iris Xe Graphics.
- It is backed by a 48Whr battery with a 65W AC Rapid Charge fast charger. It comes with a Dolby Atmos-backed 3-speaker system and runs Windows 11 Pro.
- There are connectivity options like 2 Intel Thunderbolt 4 ports, a USB-C, a nano SIM-card tray, Wi-Fi 6E, 5G support, and Bluetooth version 5.2.
- There’s a 5MP RGB+IR camera with Intel Visual Sensing Controller (VSC) chip with “wake-on-approach,” Windows Hello, “onlooker detection,” “walk-away-lock,” and more features.
- The new Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Fold also comes with an optional full-size backlit ThinkPad keyboard with a touch fingerprint scanner, TrackPoint, and a large haptic touchpad.
- The keyboard has the clickable TrackPoint Communications Quick Menu App for quick access to camera and microphone functions.