When iQOO sent me the iQOO Neo 6 for review, I was excited to review it for two reasons.
- One, this phone is powered by the Snapdragon 870, which has much better thermals than some of its successors.
- Second is the pricing of the Neo 6, which starts at Rs 29,999 and pits it squarely against other options such as the Poco F4 5G, etc.
- iQOO has graced the rear panel of Neo 6 with a gradient finish.
- It is offered in two colours called Dark Nova and Cyber Rage.
- While the Dark Nova colour appears green but if you move your wrist it starts to appear black at some angles.
- The Cyber Range colour variant, on the other hand, appears slightly Turkish Blue.
- Looking at it from a slightly tilted angle you will notice a shade of cyan or blue colour.
- There are bezels around the screen which is slightly more than what we get to see in the phones in 2022.
- There’s also a selfie camera punched into the screen. It also includes an optical in-screen fingerprint reader which is fast and reliable.
- The right side edge of the phone houses a volume rocker and power key which feels plasticky. We spotted an IR blaster at the top.
- The finish of the rear panel gives an almost texture-like feel. I also checked for bending or creaking with some stress testing but it managed to retain its shape very well.
- iQOO Neo 6 boasts of a 6.62-inch E4 AMOLED panel that delivers FHD+ resolution and 120Hz refresh rate.
- These numbers are similar to what we have seen in the iQOO 9 SE and iQOO 7. The AMOLED panel manages to impress us with its colourful visuals, deep blacks and excellent viewing angles.
- That’s not all, it can achieve a peak brightness of 1300 nits making it one of the brightest screens in its class.
- The iQOO Neo 6 offers a stereo setup by using both the bottom-firing speaker and earpiece together. The iQOO Neo 6 offers a good package for content consumption.
- Even after a half an hour-long gaming session, the iQOO Z6 only gets slightly warm around the rear camera. Besides, you will certainly enjoy improved haptic thanks to X-axis-based 4D gaming vibration.
- iQOO Neo 6 ships with Android 12-based FunTouch OS 12. The skin is loaded with features as well as bloatware. Apps like Byju’s, Cred, etc come pre-installed, and more bloatware apps start appearing on your home screen as soon as you connect it with the internet. Thankfully most of these apps can be uninstalled without any pain.
- The iQOO Neo 6 ships with triple a camera setup comprising of a 64MP Samsung GW1P sensor for wide-angle shots, an 8MP sensor for ultra-wide shots, and a 2MP sensor for macro shots. There is a 16MP camera on the front for selfies.