The latest from the Chinese brand is the second-gen foldable smartphone called the Mate Xs 2.
- The first thing you will notice about the Huawei Mate Xs 2 is the outward-folding design, which makes it different from the other foldables we have in the market.
- The screen size does not see a big change, with the closed version offering a 6.5-inch OLED 120Hz display, and the moment you open the fold, it becomes a 7.8-inch screen offering 2480×2200 pixels resolution.
- The company claims the hinge has gone through rigorous testing, and the screen will not have any visible crease.
- The device is powered by the older Snapdragon 888 chipset, probably because Huawei couldn’t source the newer SoCs.
- It comes with 8GB/12GB RAM options, and up to 512GB of storage.
- Huawei Mate Xs 2 has a 4600mAh or a 4880mAh battery, with support for 66W fast charging.
- On the imaging front, Huawei Mate Xs 2 has a triple rear camera setup that consists of a 50-megapixel primary sensor, a 13-megapixel wide-angle sensor and an 8-megapixel telephoto sensor with 3x optical zoom.
- The front of the device comes with a 10-megapixel shooter.