Operating your smart home with your voice is one of the most fun and practical things you can do, and we’re here to show you how to control your smart home lights with Alexa. Read on to learn how to set up your smart home lighting and master your illumination situation!
Products used in this guide
How to set up and control your smart lights with Alexa
- Open the Alexa app on your smartphone.
- Tap on the More menu (three lines) at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the Add a Device at the top of the screen.
- A screen will pop up, asking, “what type of device are you setting up?” It will show popular brands and device categories. Here you can tap on the brand or tap on Light.
Select which brand of smart light you want to set up. In this example, we will choose Philips Hue.
Source: Android Central
- After selecting Philips Hue, you will be prompted to “Connect your Philips Hue light to Alexa’s…