Apple is planning to roll out 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro with radial redesigns to current models, in September this year.
- The new Macbook Pro laptops are expected to feature Mini-LED displays.
- The current 13-inch MacBook Pro is expected to be replaced with a new 14-inch variant.
- The 16-inch MacBook Pro is currently being shipped with an Intel chip.
- It would require a significantly more powerful chip than Apple’s M1, which supports a maximum of 16GB of RAM and only one additional, high-resolution display.
- The M1X will be the second M-series chipset launched by Apple.
- The upcoming models are expected to come with more CPU and GPU cores too, but it remains to be seen whether the new MacBook Pro models will have the same power efficiency as the company’s current models.
The new MacBook Pro models are rumored to come with a new, flat-edged design, as well as more ports, including a memory card reader and HDMI.